Back to top
News and Announcements
|1 to 10 of 28||next »|
PTO-Las Vegas Aviators Game!
The Pinecrest Inspirada PTO has been working hard behind the scenes and have got an amazing deal just for our Pinecrest Inspirada families!
To purchase tickets, and support the PTO please click the link https://www.fevo.com/e…/Pinecrest-Academy--Inspirada-kdq7Apn
They have a limited amount, and if history repeats itself - be prepared for these tickets to go fast!
With each ticket, they have a $3 credit that can be used in the team store or at the concession stands.
Help the Pinecrest Inspirada PTO kick off the school year with a bang - or a home run! We can't wait to see everyone there!!
2019-2020 Inspirada Volunteer Policy
The 2019-2020 school year brings with it a new volunteer policy for the Inspirada campus. A background check and fingerprint records will be required for any volunteer who volunteers at the school four (4) or more times in one (1) month, overnight on a field trip, as an athletic coach, or in an "unsupervised" capacity (outside of the classroom away from a licensed teacher's direct sight line).
To help parents with this new regulation, Pinecrest Inspirada has arranged for our contracted vendor to be on the Inspirada campus on Tuesday, August 6 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. to process volunteer fingerprinting and background checks. Please click on the signupgenius link below. Spaces are limited. You must sign up on the link below to be guaranteed a fingerprinting spot at the August 6th Inspirada event.
Please visit our website at https://www.pinecrestinspirada.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=255503&type=d for a more detailed description of the 2019-2020 Volunteer Policy.
Open 7th & 8th Grade seats!
Pinecrest Inspirada has opened a limited number of enrollment seats in grades 7-8 for the 2019-2020 school year!
Pinecrest Inspirada Middle School is ranked #3 in the state and is the top rated middle school in Henderson as scored by the Nevada School Performance Framework (NSPF).
Existing Pinecrest families who refer new students to our middle school will receive 5 volunteer hours for the 2019-2020 school year. Volunteer hours will be credited upon completion of the referred student's enrollment!
Shop for your supplies through our new mobile app partner, OurCampus!
Shop for your supplies through our new mobile app partner, OurCampus! Purchase everything you need for back to school including supplies, backpacks, and apparel! The best part is half of all the profits go directly back to our school fundraising!
Get $50 of FREE school supplies! Purchase $200 in the OurCampus Marketplace and get $50 off your supplies. Add the items to your cart and enter code FREESUPPLIES at checkout.
Summer Office Hours
Our Summer office hours will be 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. starting on Monday, June 3, 2019. The school will be closed from July 1st though July 5th for our deep summer cleaning and floor waxing. We will return to our regular business hours on Monday, July 29, 2019. Please read for more specific hours throughout the summer!
The Pinecrest Inspirada PTO will be hosting a gently used uniform sale on Saturday, July 27th from 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Kitchen Supervisor hiring opportunity!
25-30 hours per week. Monday-Friday mid-day shifts.
Kitchen Supervisor requirements include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities.
1. Service and preparation of approximately 150 box style lunches daily.
2. Checking in food shipments by verifying orders, checking temps, and signing off on invoices.
3. Determine the quantities of food to be prepared daily.
4. Ordering of food through vendor.
5. Handling the operations of Point of Sale (POS) system for student tracking.
6. Supervision and instruction additional kitchen personnel in the safe and proper preparation of food.
7. Completion of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
8. Communication to families on lunch balances/deficiencies.
9. Compliance and promotion of the Pinecrest Wellness Policy and National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
10. Ordering of necessary non-food supplies to maintain kitchen.
11. Routine checks of kitchen equipment to ensure safe working conditions.
12. Attend staff development (when needed) and Wellness Policy meetings.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates, please contact Steve Albrecht at email@example.com.
A Look Ahead to the New School Year:
• Kindergarten Orientation – Thursday, August 08, 2019, at 1:00 p.m. (Parents only)
• Get Acquainted Time grades 6-8 – Friday, August 09, 2019, from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
• Get Acquainted Time grades K-5 – Friday, August 09, 2019, from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
• First Day of School for Students – Monday, August 12, 2019
• Open House
o Elementary (Grades 1-5) Tuesday, August 20, 2019
o Middle School (6-8) Wednesday, August 21, 2019
o Kindergarten Tuesday, August 27, 2019
Summer is always a fun time for children, but it can also be a time when students forget what they learned in school. In fact, some students can lose up to two months of knowledge over summer break. Gary Huggins, CEO of the National Summer Learning Association says: “We think summer is a great break from school but not a break from learning.” Some ideas to keep students learning over summer include:
• Visiting the public library on a regular basis. Find books your child is interested in and make reading fun.
• Allow your child to help plan part of your family trip. Let them look at maps, brochures, and guides to determine a few events they want to do on the trip. Perhaps conduct a little online research with them to look up special attractions along the route or at their final destination. Finally, you may want to give them a small budget to plan with so they learn the skill of making choices and prioritizing wants.
• Encourage letter writing to extended family members.
• Plan Family Game Nights with board games such as Monopoly, Scrabble, Pay Day, Clue, etc.
• Have your child access i-Ready once in a while. Your child’s i-ready account will remain active through July 15, 2019.
Pinecrest Inspirada partners with OurCampus
We are excited to announce a new partnership with OurCampus! OurCampus is a communication and fundraising platform that provides our school with interactive kiosk noticeboards that connect to a seamless mobile app. Learn more at their information table during our awards ceremonies this week.
|1 to 10 of 28||next »|