To unite the community to prepare students for college and career.
Where scholars perform at the highest level on all academic measures.
Pinecrest Academy's purpose is to provide a safe and nurturing educational environment that maximizes student achievement and fosters respect for all. Pinecrest Academy will utilize ongoing assessments, engaging activities, the creation of a strong community environment and regular parent involvement to achieve student success. In this manner, Pinecrest Academy will assist all students to become equally successful as lifelong learners and responsible citizens.
The School's educational program is modeled after specific innovative learning methods and strategies that have proven successful in raising student learning and achievement. These include but are not limited to:
· A standards-based curriculum based on Common Core Standards for Learning.
· A thematic approach to integrate core areas of study such as mathematics, reading, language arts, writing, science, and social studies.
· Arts programs such as band, orchestra, studio art, graphic design, and choir.
· Appropriate assessments for learning.
· Data-driven, high-quality differentiated instruction.
· Supplemental programs for student advancement and remediation.
· Support for teachers and ongoing professional development for advancing technology and other 21st century resources.
· Research-based instructional practices.
· Reflective Practice: a practice designed for reflection and professional growth to enhance overall teacher performance and student outcomes.
· Weekly grade level, monthly staff meetings, and ongoing professional development workshops.
· Tutoring for remediation and enrichment programs for acceleration.
· Targeted interventions for struggling readers and students performing below grade level.
At Pinecrest Academy, we will uphold the following Core Values: Expectation of Excellence, Community of Collaboration, Reflection Drives Growth, and Igniting a Passion for Learning.
At Pinecrest Inspirada, we are committed to teaching students 21st century leadership and life skills to create a culture of student empowerment based on the idea that every child can be a leader.
Content from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and The Leader in Me, by Steven Covey, will be a key component of our school-wide leadership initiatives. The 7 Habits are a synthesis of universal, timeless principles of personal and interpersonal effectiveness, such as responsibility, vision, integrity, teamwork, collaboration and renewal, which are common to all people and cultures. The Leader in Me is a whole-school model and process that empowers students with the leadership and life skills they need to thrive in the 21st century. At Pinecrest Inspirada, we will recognize and celebrate that every child is capable of being a leader.